The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) is calling for applications from students, academics and practitioners interested in conducting research in architecture during 2016/17.
- The RIBA Boyd Auger Scholarship aims to support applicants in their personal, professional and academic development within the architectural field by providing them with an opportunity to undergo a period of imaginative and original research and travel. The Scholarship, worth £5,000, supports either:
- one student or graduate or a group of students or graduates for a period of closely defined architectural research between 6 and 12 months.
- one student or graduate for a period of international travel on a topic and at locations of the applicant’s choosing. This can tie-in with a period of international work experience, but the emphasis of the scholarship should be on the opportunity to travel in the chosen location.
All applicants must:
- Be enrolled in a RIBA validated Part 1, 2 or 3 course or with candidate course status, in the UK or overseas or have been granted a place of study in a validated or candidate Architecture course by the beginning of the period covered by the Bursary (Part 2 only), or
- Have graduated from a RIBA validated Part 1, 2 course or with candidate course status within the past 5 years